Scholarly Teaching Fellow
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our Faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
The School of Engineering is currently seeking suitably qualified candidates for up to 3 full-time Scholarly Teaching Fellow roles in the areas of electronic / electrical and mechatronic engineering. We are looking for individuals with a strong record in delivering high quality teaching and learning and a strong interest in engineering pedagogy.
More information on the School of Engineering can be found at: http://engineering.mq.edu.au/
Reporting to the Dean, School of Engineering, the Scholarly Teaching Fellows will contribute to the School through teaching and scholarship that enhances student learning experiences.
The successful applicants will:
- Contribute to academic expertise in the delivery of undergraduate teaching and learning experiences, including fourth-year thesis supervision as appropriate;
- Undertake various administrative tasks, responsibilities and other duties including student advising, committee work and casual tutor coordination;
- Contribute to the implementation of project based learning and assessment within the undergraduate curriculum
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a resume and a separate document responding to the selection criteria below, as part of their application:
- Demonstrated experience in academic teaching, specifically employment for at least 1 session in an academic role on a casual or fixed-term basis at an Australian university within the last 5 years.
- Demonstrate high level of academic knowledge in one or more of electronic/ electrical or mechatronic engineering.
- Commitment and capability in delivering high quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery and management of lectures, tutorials, and assessments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as part of a team to contribute to the smooth operation of the School.
- A strong track record of contribution to administration in a University or professional setting.
- Relevant industry experience in the discipline(s)
- Active enrolment in, or completion of, a PhD in a relevant field
Enquiries: Darren Bagnall, Dean, School of Engineering firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing positions
Salary Package: From $70,374 -$94,760 (Level A) p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 January 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.