- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $98,775 to $117,290 per annum (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Melbourne has an outstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and research. This commitment to excellence has seen the University bring together the brightest minds to redefine best practice in online education to deliver unparalleled quality education, 100% online, to students worldwide.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education within the University of Melbourne is a leading national and international centre for higher education research. We are seeking a Partnerships Coordinator (Master of Teaching) to be actively involved in building and maintaining relationships with partnership early childhood centres, primary and secondary schools in relation to professional experience placements for Teacher Candidates.
As the successful candidate, you will liaise with Course Coordinators to analyse needs and trends and determine the effectiveness of engagement strategies to continually improve partnership arrangements. You will identify stakeholder issues and develop effective engagement strategies to support clinical teaching practice placements.
- Have relevant academic qualification, extensive knowledge of Victorian school systems and extensive experience in school leadership, or school partnerships
- Possess an excellent understanding of internal and external influences shaping the provision of initial teacher education, in particular, the professional experience component
- Demonstrate a capacity to develop and maintain stakeholder networks and a deep understanding of the theoretical framework of evidence-based, interventionist clinical models of pedagogy and individualised learning informing the Master of Teaching
- Demonstrate a capacity to provide leadership to staff teaching in the Master of Teaching program
- Demonstrate high level organisational, problem solving and project management skills and be adaptive and accepting of new ideas with a willingness to approach new challenges
- Demonstrate your ability to contribute to the strategic direction of MGSE, particularly in relation to matters within this portfolio
- Possess excellent communication, persuasion and engagement skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license with access to a car for visiting partnership schools/centres
- Hold VIT registration or a valid Working with Children check.
A doctoral degree or substantial progress towards a doctoral degree in education/ teaching or a relevant area would be highly regarded.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and motivated staff.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities
Close date: 14 Jan 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria