Commercialisation and Innovation Manager
- Full Time
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Office of Commercialisation & Innovation, with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) Portfolio, plays a major role in the identification and protection of the University's intellectual property assets and is responsible for developing and implementing the University's commercialisation strategies and initiatives. We have a newly created position for a Commercialisation and Innovation Manager (Physical Sciences) focusing on both Social Sciences and Applied Technologies.
Reporting to the Director, Commercialisation and Innovation, the office is looking for an experienced individual with a passion for translating research into viable commercial opportunities that impact and contribute to the wider community. In this role you will:
- Consult with inventors, assess and evaluate innovation disclosure opportunities within the market context and where viable, lead and execute the development and implementation of commercialisation plans
- Provide advice, manage and close deals translating knowledge through licences, IP asset sales and spin-outs
- Support the Director of Commercialisation and Innovation in the development and implementation of Strategic Commercialisation Initiatives
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- Extensive relevant industry experience including proven business planning, budget and market analysis experience
- Superior knowledge and understanding of commercialisation, Intellectual Property, Deal Structuring and negotiation
- Strong working knowledge of due diligence, conflict of interest, ethics and code of conduct
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and/or extensive relevant experience
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1-2 page cover letter referencing the selection criteria below:
- Strong track record of identifying, creating and closing deals in external commercial opportunities and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent service and to overcome obstacles and 'make things happen' whilst working effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders including researchers, industry, and government agencies
- Proven project management, organisational and planning skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and performance targets.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate opportunities and provide key recommendations.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $123,745 - $145,623 per annum (Level 10, Band 1), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Anna Grocholsky, Director, Commercialisation and Innovation on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 4599
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 21 January at 11.55 pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.