Assistant Research Fellow in Nottingham Health China Program
Closing Date: 28 February 2018
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 98, 000 to RMB 131,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
The assistant research fellow post will support the research of Nottingham Health China program, which is a cross-campus, collaborative network of researchers and educators working together to make Ningbo City, and the wider Zhejiang province, a key centre for research driven, information technology centred, cost effective, evidence based health care in China. The focus of the research support will be related to the rising trend of several important non-communicable diseases, including hypertension, CVD, stroke, diabetes, cancer and mental illness. The role will require a broad knowledge of statistical analysis as well as competencies in undertaking detailed literature reviews. Current projects include research into the development of predictive scores for acute cardiovascular disease in China; the interaction among nutrition transition, obesity and diabetes in China; and the link between macroeconomics and mental health in China.
- An undergraduate or master degree in a relevant discipline in Economics, Statistics, Public Health, and Public Policy.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Demonstrated competency in using the statistical packages SPSS or Stata or both (preferably).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Chinese.
- Well rounded knowledge of standard office software.
- Evidence of past research experience such as a dissertation or employment as a research assistant.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to show personal initiative in design and conduct of projects, and work to tight deadlines.
- A team player who will help out others should the need arise.
- A MA/MSc
- Knowledge of statistical packages other than Stata or SPSS, such as R.
- Evidence of previous skills or training on research
- Publication of research papers in journals
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake data analysis and economic model building using STATA, SAS etc for health economic and health service research.
- To design and maintain the website for the research network of Nottingham Health China.
- To provide assistantship to other research work including but not limited to systematic literature review, project management, manuscript writing and disseminating the results of the research in academic conferences or other venues;
- To communicate and coordinate within and across research teams and outside research collaborators.
- To assist with the preparation of surveys (questionnaires) and the conduct of interviews.
- To take part in staff development activities consistent with continuous professional development.
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Research Fellowships jobs in China
- Permanent Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Fellowships jobs in China
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Research Fellowships jobs in China
- Permanent Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in China
- Permanent Business & Economics Research Fellowships jobs in China