Lecturer in Cyber Security
Lecturer in Cyber Security (Post 1) (2575)
Organisation Cranfield University
School/Department Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Permanent
Salary £41,770 to £46,560 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £58,200 per annum)
Apply by 15/01/2018
Cranfield is an exclusively postgraduate university that is a global leader for education and transformational research in technology and management. Cranfield University’s School of Defence and Security (CDS) is undergoing exciting strategic change with growth opportunities for academic staff.
The Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information & Cyber is Cranfield's focal point for research, education and consultancy into electronic attack, electronic protection and electronic warfare support, information and all aspects of cyber and cyber systems. Our capabilities are widely respected within the defence and security sector, serving an extensive range of students, clients and organisations.
The Lecturer in Cyber Security will be responsible for:
- The ongoing development and delivery of a range of educational interventions, in particular MSc modules, on the Cyber Masters Programme and MSc Information Capability Management.
- Generating and collaborating in bids for research funding to various bodies including research councils, industry and government.
- Supervising post-graduate students at Masters and Doctoral level.
- Generally pursuing an active research agenda, aligned with the Centre’s research strategy and publishing in relevant high-quality peer-reviewed journals.
- Enhancing the Centre’s professional standing, reputation and impact.
The post holder will have:
- A PhD (or nearing completion) in an appropriate field.
- Appropriate teaching experience within subject specialism and willingness to gain Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (or equivalent).
- Experience of research in a University/Government/Private Sector research laboratory.
- A proven track record in publications, including four or more academic journal papers.
Interviews will be held 6 February 2018.