Application and Reporting Analyst
- Be valued for your exceptional knowledge and experience maintaining IT solutions
- Full time, fixed term for 2 years with possibility of extension
- Remuneration package: $106K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The successful candidate will provide application support (implementation, business-as-usual and customisation) for the Core Research Facilities (CRF) Facility Access Systems, and will facilitate CRF business intelligence analysis/visualisation using various operational datasets covering usage and return-on-investment (ROI) outcomes.
Reporting to the CRF Strategic Engagement Manager, the successful applicant will work across all seven core facilities, and individually with the Academic Directors and Managers at each facility, CRF Operations staff, as well as other University stakeholders (particularly the departments of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), and Research Reporting, Analysis, Data and Systems (RRADS)). They will be expected to carry out customisation, coordination and implementation as required. They will contribute to changing the culture around facility and equipment use, and contribute to the overall institutional strategy for research infrastructure. They will also need to analyse and report on business requirements stemming from incident failures, service requests, strategy and business planning, thereby providing support for all relevant services. They must have an ongoing commitment to providing high-quality customer service to resolve matters in an effective and timely manner as well as excellent relationship building skills, managing the vendor overseas and internal staff and users. The successful applicant will have ownership of internal and external (vendor) relationships to manage the smooth operations of individual services/applications.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for an Application and Reporting Analyst who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in IT or extensive experience and specialist expertise in the IT field
- significant technical skills with:
- systems/applications: medium scale integrations with analytical tools
- applications servers, web servers and databases
- development of static & dynamic webpages e.g. PHP and/or CGI
- managing MS SQL database environment
- T-SQL, SSRS reports and familiarity with Tableau.
- demonstrated skills in the analysis, assessment, design, specification, development, testing, implementation and support of enterprise level computer based applications
- demonstrated writing and communication skills, to communicate effectively with internal ICT staff (ITIL framework) and clients outside ICT as well as creation of formalised technical analysis and design documentation required to deliver solutions
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 28 January 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.