Lecturer/Associate Professor in Robotics/Mechatronics
- One of the world’s top engineering universities
- Cutting edge facilities and world-leading researchers
- Commitment to educational excellence and innovation in teaching
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
The School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering aims to bring high quality educators and researchers to UNSW to further enhance the thriving teaching and research programs across four streams: aerospace, mechanical, mechatronics, and manufacturing. We have excellent staff that inspire and enrich the education of our students, state-of-the art research facilities, and strong interaction with industry. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/mechanical-engineering/
About the role
The role will conduct high impact research in Robotics/Mechatronics, and deliver outstanding teaching and student experience in the discipline of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, build industry engagement and contribute significantly to the leadership, service and engagement missions of the School and Faculty.
Three positions are available.
The appointments would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K per annum), level C ($125K- $143K per annum) or level D ($147K - $162K per annum), plus 17% superannuation and leave loading, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time,
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available.
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Proven track record in research and attracting research funding
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
UNSW Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants from industry and professional backgrounds are especially welcome and should demonstrate their equivalent level of standing as demonstrated by professional experience.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Chun Wang, Head of School
T: +61 9385 3232
Applications close: Midnight, Friday 23 February 2018 (AEDT)