Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Structural Engineering, Computational Mechanics
- One of the world’s top engineering universities
- Cutting edge facilities and world-leading researchers
- Commitment to educational excellence and innovation in teaching
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Engineering is recruiting outstanding and inspirational individuals to join our world-leading group of researchers and teachers to build on our success and take the Faculty into the world’s top 20 engineering faculties.
As Australia’s leading engineering faculty, we create bold new solutions to globally relevant challenges to improve lives. We combine the world’s best facilities and innovative research with an exciting and connected education experience to open doors for our graduates.
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the Faculty of Engineering, with approximately 2600 student enrolments and a budget of over $20 million. The School has 48 full time academic staff, 27 professional staff and technical staff and 75 research only appointments.
The School mission is to develop well-educated graduates with the essential skills, attributes and knowledge that will enable them to practice as professional civil or environmental engineers; and to conduct research and development of international distinction to meet the needs of the discipline, industry and society. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/
About the role
We are recruiting for an exceptional candidate into the School’s research priority area of Structural Engineering in the field of Computational Mechanics.
The role will conduct high impact research in Structural Engineering – Computational Mechanics, and deliver outstanding teaching and student experience in the discipline of Civil Engineering, build industry engagement and contribute significantly to the leadership, service and engagement missions of the School and Faculty.
The appointment would be:
- at level B ($103K - $121K per annum), level C ($125K - $143K per annum) or level D ($149K - $164K per annum), plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) per annum, commensurate with academic qualifications and experience,
- full time
- to a Convertible Tenure Track Employment Contract for an initial fixed term period of 5 years, with conversion to continuing appointment based on satisfactory performance and there being sufficient productive work available
The Faculty reserves the right to offer an appointment on a continuing basis or to directly appoint to advertised positions.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Proven track record in research and attracting research funding
- A commitment to delivering high quality and innovative teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
UNSW desires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aspires to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, paying particular attention to ensuring no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability or Indigenous origin.
Engineering strongly encourages female applicants and actively supports women to succeed through specific Faculty and UNSW initiatives and generous parental leave provisions and flexible work practices.
Applicants with industry experience are especially welcome.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment.
How to apply
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Any enquiries can be forwarded to Professor Chongmin Song:
T: +61 9385 5021
Applications close: Midnight, Friday 23 February 2018 (AEDT