PACE Program Coordinator, Local and Regional
- Seeking a Program Coordinator with strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Work with supportive and dedicated team
- Part-time, continuing, 28 hours per week
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Professional and Community Engagement (PACE) is a University-wide initiative designed to provide all undergraduate students with experiential learning opportunities with a range of local, regional and international partners. By completing a PACE unit, which is a compulsory requirement of all undergraduate degrees, students contribute to partner organisational goals and develop skills and capabilities while gaining academic credit towards their degree.
The PACE initiative is a key differentiator of the University’s curriculum for current and potential students. PACE units provide students with practical work experience enabling them to improve their readiness for work and contribute to the community as active citizens. The PACE Program Team is a centrally located team with roles critical to the ongoing delivery and quality assurance of the PACE Program across the University.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
PACE is seeking an engaged, highly motivated, and innovative program coordinator to join the PACE Program Operations team. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and will demonstrate a capacity to identify and take leadership and ownership of key initiatives which contribute to and ensure the development, effective delivery, monitoring and continuous improvement of the PACE program.
The Program Co-ordinator focus on developing and improving of essential governance and business processes which underpin the operations of the front-line PACE teams; developing resources and business solutions and providing support services to these teams while building and maintaining strong relationships with other key internal and external stakeholders.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Consultation with key stakeholders to accurately understand their business requirements, identify gaps and propose solutions and /or improvements to ensure the effective use of available information systems/processes/resources and/or modifications to the systems/processes/resources in meeting the needs of the business.
- Production of high quality documentation including business requirements and process maps.
- Development, review and on-going improvements to policies, procedures and resources to support the operation of the PACE program.
- Development and implementation of a range of communication and change management activities to ensure new and improved processes/resources are well communicated, implemented, adopted and monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborating with the PACE Systems team and other stakeholders to provide support and training to the front-line teams on new or modified business processes/resources.
- Design and implementation of evaluation methods to monitor outcomes of process improvements.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Experience working in tertiary education sector or similar large/complex organisation;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to positively influence and engender change;Experience building and managing relationships with various stakeholders within a collaborative and strong service based team culture;
- Demonstrated high level business writing skills for various purposes and/or audiences;
- Demonstrated experience in multiple projects management in complex organisation ensuring delivering successful project outcomes within project timeframes;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business process improvement options and experience in the evaluation, implementation and management of changes to improve efficiencies and effectiveness within a team environment;
- Demonstrated experience using or familiarity with a range of IT systems/applications solutions, including the development and implementation of complex business processes around multiple IT products, and experience interpreting complex functions into written requirements and/or business processes;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, review and implement practical solutions to complex problems and strategies to support program growth, its quality assurance, and continuous improvement.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $90,330 - $97,937 p.a. (pro rata), (Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Part-time, continuing, 28 hours per week
Enquiries: Katarina Hall, Manager Local and Regional Support Services on firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday – Friday) or +61 2 9850 4061 (Monday – Wednesday)
Applications Close: Sunday 28th January 2018 at 11:55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact one of the Enquiries people listed in this advertisement for assistance.