Postdoctoral Research Fellow within Inflammatory Bowel Disease
NTNU, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, and Yale School of Medicine are currently working to strengthen and formalize an ongoing research collaboration, where scientists at these institutions participate in projects within different medical disciplines. In conjunction with this we are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow who will be working on a collaboration project within inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The successful applicant will be a talented, enthusiastic and creative scientist with a strong commitment to research in an environment with colleagues of different backgrounds such as molecular cell biology and clinical medicine.
The period of employment for the position is 3 years, and the candidate is required to stay for at least one year at each institution. The position has the objective of qualifying for higher academic positions.
Description of the project.
The postdoctoral position will be connected to a project shared between the Palm Research Group at Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven and the IBD Research Group at Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at NTNU. The two research groups have a common interest in understanding molecular mechanisms mediating the development of IBD.
The overall aim of the project is to understand the interactions between the microbiota, intestinal epithelium and sub epithelial immune cells in IBD. This will be achieved through e.g. use of human biobank material, analysis of microbiota and testing of hypotheses in animal models and ex vivo organoid models of epithelial function. The ultimate aim is to use this knowledge to improve diagnostics and prognostics, and to discover novel therapeutic targets.
The postdoctoral candidate will work with specific subprojects within this general collaborative plan.
Requirements of the applicant:
- A Ph.D. within medicine or natural sciences.
- An interest in translational inflammation research.
- Expertise in molecular and cell biology
- A strong academic record.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
Emphasis will also be placed on:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in molecular- and cell- biology laboratory techniques.
- Experience with animal models, primary cell culture systems and/or organoid technology
The position offers challenging and varied tasks in versatile and stimulating environments that are characterized by active, committed and skilled employees.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. If necessary, we will adapt the workplace for people with disabilities. Increasing the number of women in academic positions is an important priority for the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
How to apply:
Applicants are asked to apply via www.jobbnorge.no, and to attach all relevant documents list below, within the deadline.
The application should contain the following attachments:
- Application letter describing the candidate’s skills, personal qualifications and motivation for the position and project
- Applicants’ CV (including list of publications, relevant former positions and references,) and copy of relevant transcripts and diplomas.
- Summary of the PhD work (1 page maximum)
- Summary of research interests (1 page maximum)
- Short statement from a former supervisor/tutor/teacher.
- Contact information for two references.
- Other relevant attachments.
Candidates from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a Diploma Supplement or a similar document, which describes in detail the study and grade system and the rights for further studies associated with the obtained degree: http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/diploma-supplement_en.htm
Chosen applicants will be invited to undergo an interview.
Depending on qualifications and academic background, Postdoctoral Fellows (1352) at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences will be remunerated at a minimum of NOK 490 500 per year before tax. Normal wage level is NOK 490 500 – 517 300 of which 2% is deducted for the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The appointment will be made in accordance with current regulations and supplementary rules with guidelines for employment as a Postdoctoral Fellow appointments at universities and university colleges.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Arne Kristian Sandvik, telephone +47 72825161, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Researcher Torunn Bruland, telephone +47 72825324, e-mail: email@example.com
For information concerning the application process, please contact:
HR Consultant Elisabeth Myrvang, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
About this job
- Deadline Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 145545
- Internal ID 17/36911
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Project
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!