Associate Professor of Law
- One of the world’s leading research & teaching law schools
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Law is Australia’s leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Ranked 14th in the world among all law schools, UNSW Law is inspired by principles of justice. UNSW Law promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society through its teaching, research and community outreach. The Faculty’s strong sense of social responsibility embodies a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice while actively engaging in law reform and policy development domestically, regionally, and globally. Our teaching is student-centred, experiential, research-based and outward-looking. Our graduates have flexible skills, critical perspectives and broad horizons.
UNSW Law is introducing a Practical Legal Training (PLT) program, being a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. The Program will allow the Faculty to build expertise in delivering online education, further deliver the aims of the 2025 Strategy, generate additional revenue for UNSW Law and enhance the student experience by offering a distinctive, predominantly digital program that is aligned to the Faculty’s mission and offers exceptional quality.
UNSW Law is committed to workforce diversity and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander legal scholars to apply.
About the role
- $149K – $164K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full time, continuing position
UNSW Law is seeking to appoint a leading scholar as an Associate Professor of Law (PLT Program Director) who will be responsible for leading a team of academics and support staff in the design and development of the core and elective courses of the new PLT Program. The PLT Program Director will be responsible for all aspects of the Program including the delivery and marking of Program courses, continuous improvement and overall coordination of the Program.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A postgraduate qualification in Law or related discipline and extensive experience in teaching and leading practical legal training programs;
- Demonstrated ability to provide expertise and academic leadership and mentoring to colleagues;
- Experience in legal practice and current understanding of the practical education needs of the legal profession;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and coordinate courses and programs;
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective collaborative partnerships within and external to the Faculty (and UNSW) to support the mission and objectives of the Faculty and of the University.
Please apply online at www.jobs.unsw.edu.au and include your CV and a statement (in pdf format) outlining:
- your field of law;
- your response to each selection criterion listed in the position description;
- copies of or links to up to three recent publications; and
- details of three referees.
Talent Acquistion Consultant
Applications close: Sunday, 4 February 2018
To view the Position Description, please disable any popup blockers in your browser