Executive Assistant to Faculty Education Team and Reception
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025.
About the role
- $82K - $87K plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
This Executive Assistant to the Faculty Education Team & Reception role provides administrative support to senior members of the Faculty Education Team, including the Associate Dean Education, Associate Dean International, Associate Dean Postgraduate Coursework and the Faculty Education Manager, in the Dean’s Unit of the Faculty of Engineering. The Executive Assistant ensures all administrative matters are prioritised and handled efficiently and effectively, and disseminates any work necessary to senior members of the Faculty Education Team (and/or direct reports) for completion.
The Executive Assistant also monitors and follows through to ensure that work is completed within the agreed timeframes, and manages specific projects/initiatives as assigned.The role also provides reception and general administrative support to the Dean’s Unit, including maintain physical infrastructure, maintain consumables, coordinate room bookings and catering.
As a member of the General Administration Team of the Faculty, this position supports activities as required within the Schools and the Dean’s Unit, including coverage of reception.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in administration with PA/EA experience to senior management in a large and complex institution or equivalent.
- Proven experience with complex diary management and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and develop protocols, procedures, guidelines and administrative systems.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Christina Chung, EO to the Dean
T: (61 2) 9385 6439
Applications close: Monday 15 January 2018