Senior Lecturer in Law
- One of the world’s leading research & teaching law schools
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Law is Australia’s leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Ranked 14th in the world among all law schools, UNSW Law is inspired by principles of justice. UNSW Law promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society through its teaching, research and community outreach. The Faculty’s strong sense of social responsibility embodies a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice while actively engaging in law reform and policy development domestically, regionally, and globally. Our teaching is student-centred, experiential, research-based and outward-looking. Our graduates have flexible skills, critical perspectives and broad horizons.
UNSW Law is introducing a Practical Legal Training (PLT) program, being a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. The Program will allow the Faculty to build expertise in delivering online education, further deliver the aims of the 2025 Strategy, generate additional revenue for UNSW Law and enhance the student experience by offering a distinctive, predominantly digital program that is aligned to the Faculty’s mission and offers exceptional quality.
UNSW Law is committed to workforce diversity and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander legal scholars to apply.
About the role
- $125K – $143K (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full time, continuing position
UNSW Law is seeking to appoint a Deputy Director of the PLT Program at Senior Lecturer level to work with the PLT Program Director to design and develop the core and elective courses of the new PLT Program. The Deputy Director will deliver teaching and marking in PLT courses and will pursue research activities and be actively engaged within the School, community and industry.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A postgraduate qualification in Law or related discipline and experience in teaching and leading practical legal training programs;
- Experience in legal practice and/or current understanding of the practical education needs of the legal profession;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coordinate courses and programs;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills and the capacity to work collaboratively and contribute to the School’s service and engagement activities.
Please apply online at www.jobs.unsw.edu.au and include your CV and a statement (in pdf format) outlining:
- your field of law;
- your response to each selection criterion listed in the position description;
- copies of or links to up to three recent publications; and
- details of three referees.
Talent Acquisition Consultant, UNSW
Applications close: Sunday, 4 February 2018.
To view the Position Description, ensure all popup blockers are disabled in your browser.