English Language Marker
- CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
- JOONDALUP AND/OR MOUNT LAWLEY CAMPUS
- $45.58 PER HOUR
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large multi-campus university with a rich history in Western Australian education. Its reputation is founded on industry-relevant teaching and research, a supportive study environment and award-winning facilities, which enable ECU students to do more than just survive in this world; they thrive in it.
The University is conducting a Post-Entry Language Assessment (PELA). It is a short written task of about 150 words, assessed on a simple marking scale (1, 2, 3).
- Appropriate English language marking experience, preferably at a tertiary level.
- Sound knowledge of English grammar.
- Ability to diagnose and annotate English language errors in student writing.
- Ability to mark 10 papers per hour.
- Available to mark papers from 26 February to 13 April 2018. However, Markers will not need to be available for all marking sessions.
- Short listed candidates will need to attend an information session at either Mount Lawley or Joondalup campus prior to the commencement of marking.
- Venues: ECU Mt Lawley and Joondalup campuses.
- Marking sessions will take place at varying times but usually between 9am to 2.00pm on most weekdays from 26 February to 13 April 2018.
- Marking may not be scheduled for every day and you do not need to be available for all sessions.
- The majority of the marking will be during the first three weeks.
- All details regarding dates and times will be negotiated with successful applicants.
Markers will be paid the standard rate for simple marking; i.e. $45.58 per hour.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Tracy Ware by email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please note that the University will be closed over the Essential Services Period, 23 December 2017 to 5 January 2018, and this email will not be monitored during that time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please attach a copy of your current CV to your online application.
Applications close on Sunday, 14 January, 2018 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.