Research Assistant in Psychology
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Behavioural Neuroscience Laboratory in the School of Psychology at UNSW is internationally recognised. The overall goal of the laboratory is to conduct high quality research and related activities that increase our knowledge of the brain mechanisms for learning and motivation and to lay a basic science platform for next-generation treatments of psychological disorders.
About the role
- $65,506 - $69,101plus (plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Assistant will provide day to day research related support within the Behavioural Neuroscience lab at UNSW School of Psychology. This includes directly assisting students and staff with their research, ordering lab supplies, maintaining laboratory records, scheduling equipment maintenance, coordinating with suppliers.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in psychology or neuroscience research.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment.
- Strong written communication and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
- Training in Psychology, neuroscience or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Gavan McNally
T: (61 2) 9385 3044
Applications close: 14 January 2018