PhD Position in Medical Biology Research - Receptor Tyrosine Kinase (RTK) Signaling
PhD Positions in Medical Biology Research - Receptor Tyrosine Kinase (RTK) Signaling
Department Department of Biology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline 30 Apr 2018
Start date September 2018
The Department of Biology hosts several well established and internationally recognized lines of research oriented on Biomedicine, in the field of stem cell biology, cellular signalling, DNA repair and bacterial genomics. The PhD programme will provide opportunities for research and teaching experience at MU and nearby research institutions in a vibrant and thriving Brno’s academia.
The four-year programme is divided into 6 months of a pre-doctoral phase, followed by three and a half years of PhD training at one of the Department’s research labs. The pre-doctoral phase includes short rotations, common courses, and selection of a PhD project.
Four PhD positions are available to outstanding young scientists with biological background and clearly demonstrated potential for future independent and highly successful scientific career.
- PhD positions are available immediately to study various aspects of Receptor Tyrosine Kinase (RTK) signaling. Current focus is on non-canonical RTK signaling (cross-talk among unrelated RTKs), characterization of RTK signaling complexes, RTK-mediated regulation of primary cilia, and development of tools facilitating re-purposing of clinically used RTK inhibitors. While our primary interest is FGF pathway, we are currently expanding to the entire human RTK family (see Elife 2017;6. pii: e21536).
- Complete MA / Mgr. / MSc. Degree with experience in biochemistry, molecular biology and/or cell biology
- Essential training in a range of molecular biology techniques relevant to basic research
- Well-organised, motivated and passionate
- International multidisciplinary team engagement in highly ambitious projects of medical biology research
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment
- Various opportunities for further education, training and professional growth
- The candidates are invited to send their:
- CV (including contact details, nationality and current address, education, degrees and dates)
- Three reference letters (written or just two contact names)
- Statement of research interest (cover letter explaining why you apply for this project and why you are the perfect candidate)
Please send the application to Mgr. Pavel Krejčí Ph.D.: firstname.lastname@example.org