Research Associate, FTSI
UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
The School of Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) offers a flexible and friendly working environment that is well-resourced. SEIT delivers research-informed education in its high quality, accredited, globally recognised engineering and computing degrees to its undergraduate students.
The School offers programs in electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, and civil engineering as well as in aviation, information technology and cyber security to graduates and professionals who will be Australia’s future technology decision makers.
About the Role:
- Salary – Level A $72,509 - $96,677 + Super
- Fixed Term – 18 months
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to undertake research in the area of fluid thermal structural interactions on high speed vehicles, spacecraft and propulsion systems. The Research Associate will contribute to the development of research results and their publication in international journals, participate at a national and/or international conference/s and assist with teaching activities, as required..
The Research Associate will report to Professor Andrew Neely.
STAFFING AND RESOURCES
The current full time staff of SEIT comprises about 80 academics, 25 research associates and 40 support staff. Visiting and casual academic staff and postgraduate research students provide an additional resource supporting teaching and research.
The School is well resourced with physical equipment and facilities. In addition to the campus community classrooms, the School’s buildings have adequate space for staff, research students and visitors. There are classrooms for specialist courses (for example computer laboratories, aviation safety studio, an integrated design office etc), general purpose tutorial rooms, computer laboratories, IT infrastructure, well-equipped workshops and generous laboratory space.
FAMILY FRIENDLY WORK PRACTICES
UNSW Canberra has a number family friendly work practices in place to assist staff. These arrangements are designed to find the best possible match between the interests of the University and those of individual employees and can include:
- Permanent part time work
- Job sharing
- Recognition of carers' responsibilities and leave such as parental leave and carer's leave.
UNSW Canberra provides training and development opportunities for staff by:
- Supporting staff in planning and developing their careers
- Offering training courses (in training and facilitation skills, recruitment and selection and other areas)
- Addressing the development needs of managers and academic leaders, and
- Providing opportunities for staff to collaborate, network and learn from one another.
In your application you should systematically address the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description on the Jobs@UNSW Career Portal.
An applicant may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Please follow the link to the Jobs@UNSW Careers Portal. Filter jobs by Location - UNSW Canberra at ADFA. Please sign in or register as a new user to apply.
Contact: Professor Andrew Neely, School of Engineering and Information Technology
Applications Close: 21 January 2018