Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
EPICentre (Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre) is a shared UNSW research centre located at the UNSW Art & Design campus. Cutting edge computing, 3-D immersive and screen based technologies render this data visible and enable scientists 'to get inside' and be immersed in some of most challenging and complex medical and health problems.
The most advanced facility of its kind, EPICentre represents the next generation in medical imaging technologies. This groundbreaking new multidisciplinary Centre applies integrated design thinking and a mutlidisplinary approaches to research to enable scientists to see their research data in real time and three dimensions.
About the role
- Fixed Term, Full-time until 31 December 2019 at the following level:
- Lecturer (A) level offer an annual salary between $73K - $98K, plus 9.5% super and leave loading, or
- Lecturer (B) level offer an annual salary between $103K - $121K, plus 9.5% super and leave loading.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow you will carry out innovative, impactful research that will lead to novel and important scientific and creative outcomes, including research integrating visualisation, simulations and AI.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Doctoral qualifications in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field of study with a demonstrated track-record of science innovation and creativity and a willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches to support scientific investigations.
- Experience conducting research in interactive 3D graphics in Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AU) and/or in High Performance Computer Graphics.
- Proven experience in developing visualisation software for interactive (big) data manipulation to gain better understanding.
- Experience in handling data scientific data sets including a demonstrated understanding of data management and analysis including emerging data curation standards; emerging data fusion methods, networked storage and (big) data processing.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and carry out tasks autonomously.
- High levels of oral and written communication and ability to represent the team at national and international conferences or events.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Associate Professor Tomasz Bednarz
Applications close: Friday, 12 January 2018