Senior Lecturer in Architecture
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The field of Interior Architectural education in Australia begun at UNSW and the UNSW Interior Architecture degree has lead the field nationally and globally. The academic staff are dedicated and rigorous with a focus across research and teaching excellence. This Degree is thoughtfully crafted and comprehensive across both Research, Learning and Teaching in the field of Interior Architecture and the fields continued and future contributions to our global cities.
UNSW Bachelor of Interior Architecture is seeking new staff to be part of the degree team, staff who have a dedicated and rich career built in the discipline of Interior architectural education and the means to contribute in a cross disciplinary mode as part of the Faculty of Built Environment.
About the role
- $125,160K-$143,593K plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
In this role you have the opportunity to participate in the development, improvement and delivery (course convener) of new and existing courses in the Bachelor of Interior Architecture (BIA Hons), drive independent and supervised engagement with research and associated delivery of research outcomes and contribute to the program, faculty and wider university by way of engagement or service in Faculty and Program Leadership positions, participation and engagement on Faculty and University Committees; Industry relationships and committees; professional institute activities and professional external activities in line with UNSW Built Environment Faculty work load policy.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Honours Degree in Interior Architecture or Equivalent and a PhD in a relevant field.
- Experience in Interior Architectural Design globally demonstrated through projects such as Interior Architecture/Design/ Architecture/ Exhibition installations or similar is essential.
- Established global research and teaching connections with the ability to bring industry contacts (national and international) into the teaching and research space.
- Success in conducting high quality research as demonstrated by publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals or books.
- A keen desire to enhance the UNSW BIA ‘student experience’ and a breadth of superior and established Interior Architectural Design studio course writing/convening/teaching/course management experience is essential.
- Capacity and track record of competitive external research funding.
- Experience in Exhibition and curatorial research.
- Ability and interest in developing and implementing innovative high-quality teaching methods as part of an educational team, including multidisciplinary approaches.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with peers, superiors and students and work effectively as part of a discipline team.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Bruce Watson, Discipline Director
T: (61 2) 9385 4791
Applications close: 2nd January 2018