The Network Chief Operating Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The NSW Smart Sensing Network (NSSN), hosted by the University of New South Wales and the University of Sydney with member universities across NSW aims to link university researchers with end-users and stake holders to facilitate the development of new sensing solutions to challenges of both NSW importance global significance.
About the role
- $ 117K - $124K plus (9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading)
- Fixed term for 12 months with the possibility of extension
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Network Chief Operating Officer of the NSSN will be responsible for financial sustainability, growth, management, strategic oversight and representation of the NSSN. They will be the line management of the NSSN Office, with its business development, engineering and administrative functions which are based across the two universities. The position will be based in the School of Chemistry at UNSW but the successful applicant will work with and across all member universities.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess or proven success in developing a wide range of contacts throughout the innovation and technology space including universities, industry and government.
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with a range of stakeholders and capacity to engage effectively across sectors.
- Proven ability to effectively and positively manage and lead people and teams in a changing environment.
- Experience in planning, delivering and evaluating technology transfer projects, including intellectual property and contractual negotiations.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Scientia Professor J. Justin Gooding
NSSN co-director School of Chemistry, UNSW
(61 2) 9385 5384
Professor Ben Eggleton
NSSN co-director, School of Physics, University of Sydney
Applications close: 10th January 2018