PhD Position in Medical Biology Research - Recombination and DNA Repair
PhD Positions in Medical Biology Research - Recombination and DNA Repair
Deadline 31 Mar 2018
Start date September 2018
PhD Positions in Medical Biology Research – Recombination and DNA Repair
Department of Biology, Laboratory of Recombination and DNA Repair, Faculty of Medicine
of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
The Department of Biology hosts several well established and internationally recognized lines of research oriented on Biomedicine, in the field of stem cell biology, cellular signalling, DNA repair and bacterial genomics. The PhD programme will provide opportunities for research and teaching experience at MU and nearby research institutions in a vibrant and thriving Brno’s academia.
The four-year programme is divided into 6 months of a pre-doctoral phase, followed by three and a half years of PhD training at one of the Department’s research labs. The pre-doctoral phase includes short rotations, common courses, and selection of a PhD project.
PhD position is available at the Laboratory of Recombination and DNA Repair, which is a research division of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic. Our group focuses on mechanisms of DNA double-strand breaks (DSB) repair using multi-disciplinary approach (biochemical, structural, computational, genetic, and single-molecule).
Our laboratory focuses on molecular understanding of recombination and DNA repair processes. Using biochemical, structural, microscopic, bioinformatics, single/molecule and genetic approaches we wish to shed light onto mutation avoidance and development of cancer. Candidate can choose from many competitive projects (study of BRCA2 protein, Rothmund-Thomson syndrome helicase, Fanconi anemia proteins, Rad50/Mre11/Xrs2 complex, Srs2 helicase, DNA repair synthesis, Spo11 and meiotic breaks, role of structure specific nucleases etc.). Work in the team of young motivated people at the new campus of Masaryk University, financial bonus awarded every half a year, possibility of study stay at the laboratories of our collaborators. The candidates are encouraged to work in above-mentioned area and collaborate with researchers of a different background. Especially involvement in the following topic is welcome:
- Complete Master´s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or similar field
- Essential training in a range of molecular biology techniques relevant to basic research
- Well-organised, motivated and passionate
- International multidisciplinary team engagement in highly ambitious projects of medical biology research
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment
- Various opportunities for further education, training and professional growth
- The candidates are invited to send their:
- CV (including contact details, nationality and current address)
- Two reference letters (written or just two contact names)
Please send the application to Mgr. Martina Vráblíková: firstname.lastname@example.org