Postdoc in the field of Cell and Molecular Biology
POSTDOC POSITION in the field of cell and molecular biology
Department Department of Histology and Embryology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline 28 Jan 2018
Start date March 2018
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a
POSTDOC POSITION in the field of cell and molecular biology.
We are seeking a talented and motivated candidate to join a research team headed by Dr Lukáš Čajánek at Masaryk University, Faculty of Medicine.
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to pursue research work on following themes:
- The impact of centrosomal abnormalities on human embryonic stem cells and their differentiated progeny
- The molecular mechanism controlling formation of primary cilia in human cells
The projects are currently supported by funding from the Czech Science Foundation (GACR) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF).
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in cell biology, molecular biology or related fields
- be highly motivated, self-driven, and able to work independently
- have a collaborative attitude with good communication skills
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- contact information for at least two referees
- MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March 2018.
The submission date is 28 January 2018.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries) by e-mail to email@example.com.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
- Research in the host lab is available here: http://www.med.muni.cz/histology/lukas-cajanek/