Executive Officer, Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary Package: $ 109,432.00- $ 114,744.00 plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing
Please note the closing date has been extended to 14 January 2018
The Australian National University is ranked among the top 20 universities in the world. Now in its 71st year, the ANU delivers outstanding education, research and innovation, in the service of our nation.
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor at the Australian National University seeks an exceptional new Executive Officer to work with our senior leaders, including our new Provost, Professor Mike Calford. As Executive Officer you will report to the Director of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and work collaboratively with colleagues across the University to support delivery of the University's vision and our strategic plan. The Executive Officer role encompasses strategic breadth and operational depth, engaging across a wide range of critical issues and initiatives on behalf of the University's leadership, while taking leadership of key strategic projects.
Your priorities will be:
- Providing outstanding strategic support and advice to Executive members including the Provost;
- Liaising and coordinating between key stakeholders across the University and externally, including Government agencies, to achieve excellent outcomes;
- Managing new and ongoing projects and initiatives aimed at ensuring the ANU meets its strategic goals; and
- Developing outstanding processes to ensure ANU meets thresholds for excellence in its business flow and project management.
Your skill-set will include:
- Strong strategic capacity, and proven ability to exercise judgement and discretion in a high-profile, confidential environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritise competing demands, whilst maintaining attention to detail and exercising sound judgement while working autonomously and within a team;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, including confidence and ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Detailed knowledge of challenges facing the Australian higher education sector, and operational challenges in a university context, would be an advantage.
This role is suited to an excellent strategic thinker, capable of working effectively on multiple projects, and with the resilience to adapt to changing needs. This is a rare opportunity to work with leaders and influencers across the University, and externally.
For more information, or for a confidential discussion, contact Christopher Price, Director, Office of the Vice-Chancellor on 02 6125 1523 or Christopher.Price@anu.edu.au.
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.