Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Building
This is a full time (36.75 hours per week) ongoing contract. Salary will be based upon successful candidates experience.
Academic B, $92,946 - $110,372 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution.
Academic C, $113,860 - $131,286 per annum plus 17% employer superannuation contribution.
- Join the university of opportunity
- Work in a newly developed area of the university with limitless opportunities
- Located at our Footscray Park campus, 10 minutes from Melbourne's CBD
About the Role
The undergraduate Bachelor of Building courses aim to equip students with the skills required in building project planning, cost and quality management, construction techniques and materials, building law, building codes, industrial relations, personnel management, building surveying and building design. The successful applicant will contribute strongly to the College and building program in core teaching, research and knowledge exchange activities that involve unit coordinator, course coordinator, teaching, research and community and industry engagement
About the Person
The successful candidate will have exceptional teaching, organisational and communication skills as well as experience within the tertiary sector. A capacity to contribute strongly to the achievement of the institutional and College research goals is essential, as well as having a proven track record in developing collaborative links and engaging with building construction industry on research and consultancy projects.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Develop and lead innovative research programs in the discipline of building
- Attract funding from national and international competitive grant agencies
- Develop collaborative relationships with the industry and professional organisations.
Skills & Expertise
A full list of selection criteria is available in the Position Description
- Completion of Doctoral studies in the building construction field (or related discipline)
- Evidence of capacity to develop, coordinate and deliver units in building and related discipline
- Evidence of capacity to undertake and lead innovative research in the building or related discipline
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym, parking and more!
How to apply:
For a Position Description and to submit an application please visit our website www.vu.edu.au/jobs
Applications must be submitted as a single document comprising;
A cover letter, your CV and your responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description
Please note: Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications Close: 11.59pm Sunday 21 January 2018
Victoria University reserves the right to appoint by invitation.
Victoria University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.