Student Complaints Officer
SALARY RANGE: $84,267 to $92,788 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide high-level support to the Manager, Student Complaints and Appeals to coordinate and investigate student complaints.
This will include:
- Coordinate university-wide student complaints handling and reporting processes.
- Manage the flow of student complaints, including the formal investigation of complaints, liaising with students and recordkeeping.
- Coordinate the provision of information and advice to students about the University's student complaints process.
- Handle and assess complaints lodged formally by students, referring them to other areas for comment and/or investigation as appropriate.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant area with at least 4 years' subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in administrative fields; or an equivalent combination or relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in handling and investigating complaints, or in resolving issues leading to client dissatisfaction.
- Experience in managing and carrying out projects.
- High-level written and oral communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Gina McWilliam, Tel: +61 3 9251 7543
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 10 December 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.