Associate Professor of Psychology
SALARY RANGE: $136,960 to $150,646 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Professor will provide academic leadership in psychology and promote the School within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Fostering research activities across the School, Faculty and University in an area concomitant with the research focus of the School and its Strategic and Specialist Research Centres.
- Producing scholarly publications, the generation of research and commercial funding and the supervision of fourth year and postgraduate research students.
- Contributing to the development of novel and targeted teaching programs and making recommendations to the Head of School on matters of program and course development.
- Promoting the discipline of psychology by forging strong relationships with professional groups, government and non-government organisations, overseas institutions, other academics, industry and the wider community.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in a key area within the discipline of psychology.
- A record of experience in university teaching and learning at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, achieving high student evaluations.
- Internationally recognised research and scholarly publications in high impact journals.
- Evidence of ability to build partnerships with professional, industry or government organisations to further relevant educational, research and entrepreneurial activities.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jane McGillivray, Tel: +61 3 9244 6426,
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.