Lecturer in Science Education
4 days left
- Full Time
School of Education
- Continuous, Full Time position
- Lecturer Level B | $92k-$109k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
The School of Education has a research culture rich in quality, breadth and depth. Our research is World Class (ERA). The School of Education is one of five Murdoch disciplines ranked in the world’s top 1% (QS University Rankings). We are globally connected, with a diverse academic staff and student profile. We publish in leading international journals, our research is widely cited by researchers in Australia and overseas, and we collaborate with colleagues all over the world.Research in our School falls into three categories: Learning and Teaching; Curriculum; and Contexts and Systems. Cutting across all of these groupings are three interrelated research themes: wellbeing, equity and innovation.
The School of Education seeks a Lecturer to develop scholarly research outputs and professional activities relevant to Science Education (Secondary). Applicants with additional school curriculum experience will be viewed favourably, particularly in areas such as integrated STEM education, mathematics/numeracy, science (Primary). This position has the opportunity to further craft and integrate Education Technology throughout our Initial Teacher Education programs and will contribute to the teaching effort of the School through the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, other types of teaching activities, as well as the supervision of postgraduate students.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Skills and Experience
- A doctorate in an area relevant to appointment, or significant progress towards that higher research degree
- Demonstrated successful experience in teaching Science in high schools
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction only, exercise initiative in undertaking responsibilities and work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary approaches to Science curriculum and pedagogy
- Demonstrated ability to engage in high quality independent research with an established record of scholarly publications.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 18 December 2017 (11:59pm)