Senior Government Relations Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Division of Enterprise has responsibility for "Delivering Impact from Research Excellence" and "Knowledge Exchange for Social Progress and Economic Prosperity" as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division also has responsibility for government relations and higher education policy across the university, noting that many UNSW research, innovation and knowledge exchange areas involve engagement with local, state or Commonwealth government.
About the role
- $119,207 - $126,492 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Based in UNSW Canberra Office
The Senior Government Relations Officer (Canberra) will work, as part of the UNSW Government Relations Team, to implement the government relations strategy, with a focus on Commonwealth government and ACT government.
The incumbent will increase UNSW’s profile and engagement with politicians, their staff and relevant government officials at the local, territory and Commonwealth level and provide high level analysis and advice regarding emerging local and international higher education sector issues, government policy initiatives and funding opportunities and how they may impact on UNSW. The successful candidate will also identify strategic opportunities for UNSW and lead relevant campaigns and advocacy projects.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate skills in government relations in Australia – strategy, engagement, and outcomes
- Have a high-level understanding of Australia’s higher education environment, issues and debates.
- Provide effective analysis and strategic advice about developments in the higher education sector would be an advantage.
- Have tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or knowledge gained through relevant experience (such as a role in government relations, or in a parliamentary, ministerial or relevant department office).
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Applications close: 11 February 2018