Head of Asset Management
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus Metro/train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
MQ Property supports the University in achieving its learning, teaching and research goals through providing planning, development and maintenance services for all University buildings and infrastructure as well as providing a growing commercial property investment portfolio through development and/or acquisition and managing the same.
The Head of Asset Management is part of the Property senior leadership team; contributing to the development and delivery of MQ Property’s strategy, objectives & initiatives.
In this role, you will be accountable for direction and leadership of the Asset Management portfolio, leading the development, integration and execution of asset management, leasing and facilities management strategies and annual plans.
You will utilise your extensive leadership and people management experience to drive a client-focused culture and promote the ongoing development of team capability, performance and behaviour.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a separate 1-2 page cover letter, referencing the selection criteria below:
- 15+ years experience in commercial real estate management with extensive experience in the delivery of strategic property management plans
- Strong financial and commercial acumen with experience in the development and implementation of property investments strategies and property portfolio optimisation
- Extensive leadership experience, including managing, coaching and developing capability to deliver high standards of performance and behaviour
- Experience identifying potential property acquisitions to align with organisational strategy.
- Experience conducting, analysing and interpreting complex data, feasibility and probability studies and financial statements to determine return on investment, risk, sustainability and overall portfolio performance.
- Building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and extensive consultation and negotiation.
- Extensive experience preparing, forecasting and managing budgets.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: Salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Appointment Type: full-time, 5 years fixed-term
Enquiries: Leonie Verzeletti, HR Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 8507
Applications Close: 17 December 2017 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.