Associate Professor in Nursing/Director of Postgraduate Nursing Education
Founded in 1890, the University of Tasmania is ranked in the top two percent of universities worldwide and in the top ten research universities in Australia. The University has a strong and distinctive Tasmanian identity which underpins teaching and research that is international in scope, vision and standards.
The University of Tasmania is at a critical point in its journey experiencing one of the fastest growth periods in its history. The formation of the College of Health and Medicine will provide the optimal model to boost health and medical research performance and enable excellence in training health professionals, which together will transform health outcomes for the Tasmanian community.
We are seeking to enhance the College's ability to support continued progress in health and medical research and training of health professionals through appointment of an outstanding academic leader in the School of Health Sciences.
The Associate Professor and Director will:
- Manage and develop postgraduate post-graduate nursing staff programs with responsibility for the review, development and delivery of high quality and contemporary postgraduate nursing curriculas
- Provide academic leadership in the area of postgraduate nursing and build a sustainable high-performance team culture
- Undertake scholarly postgraduate teaching of exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in postgraduate nursing
- Undertake high quality research and regularly exceed the University's research performance expectations
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective communication inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally
Applicants will hold a registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia along with a PhD in Nursing or a relevant health discipline. A substantial record in and continuing commitment to, research that has achieved national and/or international recognition and made innovative, and sustained contributions to the field of nursing is essential.
Appointment to Associate Professor will be at a Level D continuing (tenured) role with the requirement that the appointee fulfill the leadership role of Director for a period of five years' renewable. The position will be located in Launceston or Hobart. Appointment will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $172,089 comprising a base salary within the range of $134,000 to $147,058 plus 17% superannuation. An attractive relocation package may also be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The closing date for applications is 28 January 2018. For further information regarding this position please contact Professor Nuala Byrne on 61 03 6324 5413 or email Nuala.Byrne@utas.edu.au.
Applications must as a minimum include a résumé, a cover letter, location preference and responses to the position criteria contained in the position description. Applications for this position should be made via the University of Tasmania website at www.utas.edu.au/jobs.
A copy of the Position Description can be found on the University of Tasmania Careers Page.