Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
The Biosafety Staff will be responsible for biosafety at OIST. S/he will be expected to run the OIST Biosafety Committee and provide appropriate advice to OIST staff students and visitors on all aspects of biosafety.
Occupational Health and Safety Section
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Flextime (core time 10:00-15:00) 7.5hrs per day (Multiplied by prescribed working days per month)
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 4.2 million ~ 6.6 million yen (Job class: Administrative staff III, A3)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
As early as possible
Application Due Date:
Applications deadline will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
Or send documents via post mail to:
Recruiting Team, HR Management Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).