Postdoc in the field of Protein Engineering
The research group headed by Professor Jiri Damborsky conducts interdisciplinary research in the field of protein engineering (https://loschmidt.chemi.muni.cz/peg/). We wish to understand the structure-function relationships of proteins and improve their functionalities for biotechnologies. Our goal is to be recognised as one of the leading protein engineering groups in Europe. We consistently strive to publish our findings in reputable scientific journals, develop new software tools and microfluidic platforms and apply research results in practice. The key components of our daily activities include collaboration between experimentalists and theoreticians, solidarity among the laboratory team and mentoring of young colleagues.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in field molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics or software engineering
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a Cover Letter
- contact information for at least three referees
- MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- possible tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and a pleasant working environment
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a Welcome Service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March 2018.
The submission date is 28 January 2018.
Please submit your application (or informal enquiries) by e-mail to Prof. Jiri Damborsky – email@example.com.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at www.muni.cz/en
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617