Human Resources Administration Officer
- Opportunity to provide general HR administrative support
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time fixed term for 12 months, potential Secondment opportunity,remuneration package: $84Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
This position provides general administrative support including preparing documents, responding to queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions in relation to HR matters in the Faculty in consultation with supervisors/more senior co-workers.
In this position, you will:
- provide general administrative services and operational support to the HR Administration
- provide record keeping and reporting for the HR Administration
- coordinate meetings and events to support HR Administration
- provide Faculty and School-specific administration services and support appointment paperwork and HR administration matters.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a HR Administration Officer who possesses:
- Certificate IV in business administration or equivalent with relevant business administration experience, and experience in delivery of the administration of Human Resources services
- experience in creating and maintaining effective administrative systems
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service
- well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills.
The Executive Services Team provides advice, support and guidance to the Faculty and Schools, with a focus on service excellence. Reporting to the Head, Executive Services the team ensures the smooth operation of internal communications, secretariat support for Faculty committees, HR paperwork processing, safety administration and documentation, as well as support key project and reporting services.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth.We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, 7 January 2018.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.