Manager, Alumni Relations
- Support La Trobe University’s ambitious plans for engaging its alumni community and attracting philanthropic support
- Full Time, 12 months Fixed term role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $91,330 – 104,909 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
The Alumni and Advancement Office is responsible for philanthropic fundraising and engagement with La Trobe University’s alumni community (190,000 as at November 2017). The Alumni and Advancement Office is an outwardly facing unit of the University and engagement with stakeholders is major element of most activities undertaken.
About the role
The Manger, Alumni Relations will support the Associate Director, Alumni Relations in delivering strategies to engage the University’s graduates, supporting the University’s priorities for research, partnerships (research and non-research), brand promotion, marketing and the increased engagement objectives arising from the 50th anniversary in 2017.
Key areas of work include:
- Responsible for international alumni program development and implementation
- Operational responsibility for staff delivering significant administrative or professional services
- Contributes to planning and budgetary statements and delivery of service resources within budgetary constraints
Skills & Experience
Key skills you will need to undertake the role include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading staff
- Being responsible for program/system development and implementation
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 17th December 2018
Please note interviews will be conducted on Thursday 21st December
Position Enquiries: Katie Armitage, TEL: 03 9479 3835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 553180 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.