Research Impact Officer in Business
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The UNSW Business School Research Office enables the Business School to achieve its research goals and objectives by providing strategic research support to the School’s 470 researchers and research students.
About the position
- $90,399 - $97,838 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 6 Months Fixed Term, Full Time
As a member of the Research Office team, the Research Impact Officer will enhance the Business School’s endeavours to demonstrate research impact. The incumbent will audit the impact of Business School research and work closely with academic staff to develop and write impact case studies. Other areas of responsibility include:
- Develop a framework for capturing evidence of both current and potential research impact;
- Research and analyse the national research impact agenda;
- Specialist advising to internal committees and research-relevant UNSW stakeholders;
- Liaise with the UNSW Business School’s media resources to produce and drive effective research marketing/communication strategies through the UNSW Business School
About the successful applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification; preferrably in a business or related discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a research environment having developed an understanding of the research lifecycle, academic publication practices, and the higher education research impact environment.
- Proven ability in analysing data and interpreting research material.
- Effective written and communication skills to deliver complex information across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and an ability to progress multiple projects simultaneously
How to apply:
Submit your application through www.jobs.unsw.edu.au applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Be sure to review the position documentation and systematically address the selection criteria in your application.
Professor Elizabeth Carson
Associate Dean, Research, UNSW Business School
T: (61 2) 9385 5822
Applications close: 11.59 pm, 5th January 2018