Chair in Computer Science
School of Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences, SRM University, AP – Amaravati, India
Appointments of Department Chairs in Computer Science
SRM University, AP – Amaravati is a multi-stream research university with focus on diverse fields. From engineering to medicine and from liberal arts to management. The University was launched in August 2017 with the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The institution’s vision is to emerge as a world-class university that is globally connected, nationally relevant, and regionally transformative. It has the ambitious plan to be in the top world class universities in ten years with 20000 + students and 1500 faculty members.
About School of Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences
SRM University AP, Amaravati is launching School of Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences from Academic Year 2018 -19 with a view to ensure that knowledge is not restricted into disciplinary silos and tested through rote learning. The Programs consist of inter-disciplinary courses and each course designed from a multi-disciplinary approach. Ensuring minds that are unhindered yet focused on national-building is the motif of the School of Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences.
SRM University AP, Amaravati will achieve this by way of its top-flight faculty in the various disciplines drawn from India and across the world, both full time teachers residing in the campus and a host of Visiting Professors with expertise on the subjects included in the curriculum. The University will also host extra-mural lectures and colloquiums by academicians and practitioners in the various fields of knowledge so that knowledge is not shackled by disciplinary silos and restricted to class-rooms and examinations.
As part of a broader recruitment campaign, SRM University, AP – Amaravati is now seeking to appoint ambitious and accomplished academics to Department Chair positions within the Computer Science discipline.
- Ph. D in the relevant disciplines is mandatory.
- Strong track record of research, high quality publications, design and delivery of academic programs.
- For the Chair of Departments role, candidates must have demonstrated academic leadership and the ability to motivate and mentor faculty members.
- Candidates from premier global universities and institutions will be given preference.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and achievements.
- Faculty benefits like subsidized accommodation at or near our campus, medical insurance, gratuity and provident fund are also provided.
- Compensation will not be a constraint for outstanding candidates.
- Other benefits include research grants, sponsored international conferences, national and international opportunities for collaborative research, balanced teaching hours to focus on research, performance based initiatives and IP rights
Apply online: To apply for the above position in SRM University, AP – Amaravati, please submit a detailed resume with complete list of publications, research experience and professional references by 15th January, 2018 at http://srmap.edu.in/careers/send-your-application-online/