Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Urban Planning and Design
7 days left
- Full Time
Faculty / Portfolio:
Faculty of Art Design and Architecture
$95,297 - $113,166 pa Level B/ $116,737 - $134,606 pa Level C (plus 17% super)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected, expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.
We seek an outstanding candidate at the Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level to join the Discipline of Urban Planning and Design within the Department of Architecture, in the Faculty of Art Design and Architecture (MADA). MADA is a vibrant centre of creative practice, enriching the human experience through transformational design and visual practice. It encourages connections between art, design, architecture, and now urban planning, through design-based teaching, research and traditional scholarship as well as integrating with other disciplines to solve emerging societal challenges.
The position will make a significant contribution to the delivery of the teaching, research and professional activities of the Discipline of Urban Planning and Design and Department of Architecture. You will be an emerging leader within your field developing a strong reputation for innovation, high quality teaching and research and will make a contribution to curriculum development.
To be successful in an appointment, you will have:
- a PhD in urban planning or a related discipline
- emerging leadership across one or more areas of research and teaching including: land use, transportation, infrastructure, housing, planning law and environmental planning.
- teaching and research expertise and a record of accomplishment of research outputs
- a passion for education and research to support delivery of strategic goals of urban planning aligned with MADA’s vision
- multi-disciplinary and international research and/or teaching experience is highly desired
- ability to build strong network and good relationship management skills
As a Lecturer, you will work as part of a creative and dynamic team, actively contributing to goals of the discipline and the school.
For Senior Lecturer, the incumbent will have an important research leadership role in embedding their research expertise into the life of the discipline.
To select the option from above 2 levels, you will be asked a question in your application once you click ‘Apply now’.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs"
Professor Carl Grodach, Director, Urban Planning and Design, +61 3 990 32565
Tuesday 19 December 2017, 11.55 pm AEDT