Head of Department/Associate Professor in Physical Therapy
College of Health Sciences
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 following a 30-year success story as a department within various colleges at Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high quality health sciences education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, human nutrition and public health, as well as graduate programs; (MSc) in biomedical science and master of public health (MPH).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach college-level courses in the field of physical therapy including physiotherapeutic skills, physical therapy practice, Musculoskeletal Physicaltherapy and/or Cardiorespiratory Physical therapy
- Familiar with Educational technologies used in higher education sector and/ or Clinical sites
- Assume full responsibility and accountability for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department in line with the College and University strategic plans and direction
- Ensure that staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of the College and QU while ensuring fair workload allocation processes are in place
- Make effective use of all staffing resources and seek opportunities for collaboration and joint working with others beyond the department and beyond the College
- Effectively monitor fulfilment of the University´s responsibilities concerning students in particular admission, instruction, progress and examination;
- Promote adherence to the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all research undertaken
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with a variety of professionals within the university’s academic settings or clinical settings
- Demonstrate the ability to present a positive and professional attitude when dealing with students, clinical staff, patients, and local community and the national professional community
- Contribute to various committees at the Program, College, and University level
- Contribute to the research profile of College through research publications
PHD in relevant disciplinary area of Physical Therapy.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephone contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
You can apply through the website.