Senior Analyst, Internal Audit
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW aspires to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society. Join Internal Audit as the University sets out on achieving the outcomes set out in Strategy 2025.
About the role
- Level 8 Position - $102 - 115K (17% superannuation and leave loading)
The Internal Audit function works with the management and staff of UNSW to add value and improve the University's operations by systematically evaluating and improving the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes. It operates as an independent and objective service that monitors the performance quality and effectiveness of these processes which are essential for the University to achieve its stated goals and objectives.
The Internal Audit Senior Analyst will provide high level support for the delivery of Internal Audit in line with UNSW’s Strategy 2025 and key risks. The role is responsible for assisting the Managers, Internal Audit to execute and manage projects included in UNSW’s Strategic Internal Audit Plan as well as providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to support UNSW’s internal control environment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Business or Technology with a background in risk and controls.
- Strong organisational and coordination skills with the demonstrated capacity to manage competing and varied priorities.
- An understanding of the context and culture of the higher education sector
- Business presence, confidence and composure to quickly develop professional rapport and credibility
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills especially for complex information and the proven ability to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
You should systemically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Chrissy Lau, Manager, Internal Audit
T: (61 2) 9385 3068
Applications close: 19 December 2017
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity