Research Intelligence Analyst in Computer Science
2 days left
- Full Time
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office (RAPPO) provides data and analytics expertise to the Executive Director (Research), the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), and more broadly to the University Executive, the Division of Research and Faculties on the University’s research activity and performance, and its position in various world university rankings systems. RAPPO is also responsible for coordinating and managing the University’s submission for the Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) data collection.
About the role
- A $90K - $113K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
The Research Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing high-level analytics and reporting services, and the coordination of data submissions to external rankings organisations. This position is expected to analyse the research performance of the university using internal and external data sources, develop data-driven reports on UNSW's position within world university rankings, and deliver recommendations and insights to align research activity with strategic priorities.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant degree (e.g. statistics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering) and/or demonstrated experience working in similar data analysis related role.
- Demonstrated experience with using databases, data analysis software, automation and programming (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python, XML) to interrogate datasets, undertake complex analysis, and produce reports.
- Demonstrated ability to independently research, document, analyse and present accurate and meaningful information to selected audiences.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent knowledge of systems and database packages, and experience in coordinating the development and maintenance of business intelligence and enterprise systems.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and to adapt positively to shifting priorities for multiple projects.
- Demonstrated outstanding capabilities in analytics and information interpretation with the ability to develop high-quality reports and deliver strategic insights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to convey technical concepts clearly and effectively to a range of audiences (e.g. presentations, management reports, executive summaries).
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Thomas Chow, Acting Director, Research Analysis, Performance and Profile Office
T: (61 2) 9385 8165
Applications close: 15 December 2017