Research Fellow for Julius Kruttschnitt Mineral Research Centre
The mission of the JKMRC is to deliver world-class, customer-focussed education, research and technical services to the world minerals industry and allied sectors. The JKMRC has an international reputation for applied research in the areas of mineral processing and geometallurgy. It specialises in ore characterisation, mineral processing unit operations such as comminution and flotation, applied mineralogy, and the interface between mining and processing. Its emphasis on systems analysis by mathematical modelling and process simulations has led to major new methodologies in the design and optimisation of mineral processing operations. It works closely with the international minerals industry and with other research providers in Australia and overseas. It has graduated in excess of 200 Masters and PhD students, and won many awards for its research. It has a proven record of technology transfer through JKTech, which has significant experience in the commercial delivery of JKMRC research outcomes, particularly in simulation software and ore characterisation methodologies.
Further information on the JKMRC may be accessed via http://www.jkmrc.uq.edu.au.
The purpose of this role is to participate in the management and coordination and delivery of high quality research for the JKMRC, primarily in the area of flotation. The role will involve being involved in industrially funded research as well as supervision of HDR students. Research to be undertaken is in the areas of flotation chemistry and reagents, flotation modelling and design.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated expert knowledge in the area of floatation, especially floatation chemistry and reagents. They will be required to maintain and develop research expertise in the discipline of assigned research projects within the area of flotation. This role will require research to be undertaking individually and as part of a team. There will be responsibility to supervise postgraduate students.
- PhD, or a Masters degree and extensive research experience, in a research field relevant to mineral processing, mining or flotation
- Experience and / or publications that indicate a proven research ability
- Demonstrated precise experimental skills
- Ability to conceptualise, develop and critically review new research initiatives
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated record of publication in relevant research fields
- Experience working in, or with, industry
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team, while maintaining a high individual profile in a research area
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
This is a full-time, fixed term (12month) appointment at Academic Research Level B. Remuneration package will be in the range $92,142.74 – 109,419.20 p.a., plus employer superannuation contributions of up to 17% (total package will be in the range $107,807.01 – 128,020.47 p.a.).
Enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Dr Chris Smith, JKMRC on +61 7 3346 5934 or email@example.com
To submit an application for this role, use the Apply button below. All applicants must supply the following documents: Cover letter, Resume and Selection Criteria responses.
For information on completing the application process click here.