- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $98,558 TO $111,206 (HEW 8)
- FULL TIME, 1 YEAR FIXED TERM
- OPEN TO CANDIDATES WITH THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS
We are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager with excellent people management skills to deliver end to end projects within agreed baselines. This is an opportunity to work across diverse academic and non-academic business units, and to deliver solutions that will enable the achievement of the University’s strategic goals, including through the following:
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with accountability for the successful end to end delivery of projects with an ICT focus, in line with organisational methodologies, controls and requirements. Manage the full project implementation including business change through to benefits realisation.
- Foster exceptional working relationships with all key stakeholders across multiple organisations and disciplines. Work closely with governance groups/committees to gain project stage gate approval.
- Deliver projects in accordance with approved baselines (scope, time, cost, quality & benefits). Responsible for producing and maintaining high quality project documentation to a range of key stakeholders through to the Executive level.
- Engage and manage stakeholders such as internal and external project resources, as well as external service providers. Develop resource plans in conjunction with both Manager PMO and Resources. Coordinate activities in line with University Procurement, Risk and Finance guidelines, policies and processes.
- Provide effective and regular reporting including variances to scope, budget, timeline and business case. Accountable for the management of project budgets and project schedules including preparation of financial status reports for Management, Committees and University Executive.
- Ensure projects are managed & delivered in accordance with PMO & project management standards. Contribute to the success of the PMO through continuous improvement of processes, documentation, and toolsets.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, 1 year fixed term position attracts remuneration of $98,558 to $111,206 (HEW 8) plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
For enquiries on this role please contact Lainey Murphy, Cathara Consulting on (08) 6316 4416
How to Apply
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com addressing the following capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of project and change management principles
- Demonstrated experience integrating user and technical input and knowledge to achieve business outcomes
- Broad experience managing vendors, contractors, consultants and staff
- Demonstrated experience implementing process change and IT systems across multiple business units
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management methodologies including Prince2 and Agile methods
Sunday 10th December 2017 11:30 pm WST
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS TO FILL THIS POSITION
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.