Senior Business Analyst
- JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $98,558 TO $111,206 (HEW 8)
- FULL TIME, 1 YEAR FIXED TERM
- OPEN TO CANDIDATES WITH THE RELEVANT WORKING RIGHTS
We are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to act as a key interface between IT and business areas, working closely with key stakeholders to capture business requirements and to map business processes. This is an opportunity to use and further develop your skills in managing and influencing both technical and non-technical people to identify and meet business requirements, for example through the following;
- Act as a key interface between IT and business areas and establish and maintain exceptional relationships, working closely with key stakeholders to capture business requirements through best practice methodologies and the facilitation of requirements gathering workshops.
- Develop requirement specifications, functional specifications and state transition models for use by internal and external providers.
- Analyse and map business processes and undertake process design activities. Produce process models and process flow documentation and diagrams.
- Responsible for input to the production of Business Cases for a wide range of audiences including Executive stakeholders. Includes identifying Business drivers, scope, financial metrics, cost benefit analysis, benefits, risk assessment, and recommendations.
- Perform gap analysis of software and hardware systems, factoring business requirements, processes, and current state solutions and architectures.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, 1 year fixed term position attracts remuneration of $98,558 to $111,206 p.a plus 9.5% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
For enquiries on this role please contact Lainey Murphy, Cathara Consulting on (08) 6316 4416.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the following capabilities:
- Demonstrated minimum 5 years' experience performing business analysis work in relevant IT fields including proven experience working directly with external clients and in the preparation of business cases.
- Proven experience in a large complex environment focussing on business enablement via translation of business requirements into effective IT solutions.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and in the facilitation of workshops and engagement sessions.
Sunday 10th December at 11:30 pm WST
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.