- Manage data, systems and software for cancer research
- Join a large and dedicated research team
- Full-time fixed term position for 4 months – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Cancer Epidemiology & Intelligence Division (CEID) develops and maintains high quality resources for epidemiological research and evaluation. Research programs and studies within the CEID include the Rare or Under-Research Cancer Program (RESoURCES); the Cohort Maintenance Program; the Diet and Nutrition Program; and the Australian Breakthrough Cancer (ABC) Study.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Data Manager to join the CEID. Your role is to:
- Implement, review and maintain data to manage the collection, storage, manipulation and retrieval of participant contact, scientific and biorepository data.
- Work in a dedicated team of Data Managers, to validate and manipulate data and ensure storage and release protocols are followed.
- Assist with the specification, allocation, completion and reporting of data requests.
- Prepare study data files to facilitate record linkage with external databases.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary-qualifications in research, science, statistics, mathematics, dietetics, psychology, biomedicine, health information management, information technology or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in data manipulation and extraction using Stata
- Demonstrated experience in data management, preferably within an epidemiology or public health research environment.
- Experience in the design and development of databases.
- The capacity to gain satisfaction from cleaning datasets and dealing with the in-depth processes involved in designing and adapting databases to suit the evolving needs of the organisation.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding of ethics, confidentiality and privacy as they relate to research.
What we can offer you
This full-time(part time applicants may be considered) fixed term position for 6 months provides a salary within range $56,400 - $62,420 pa (pro rata if part time) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (resume, cover letter and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com. For more information contact Alison Hopkins on (03) 9514 6247.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Thursday 14 December 2017