Assistant Research Fellow, Faculty of Business
Closing Date: 29 December 2017
Contract Status: Full-time (Fixed-term for 1 year)
Salary & Benefits: RMB98,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
To help NUBS faculty with research support and projects.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or a related discipline
- Ability to set up and conduct interviews with senior managers, ability to do basic statistical analysis
- Good written English
- Ability to speak English
- IT skills
- Evidence of good research skills, e.g., high quality undergraduate dissertation
- Good time management
- Attention to details
- Good problem solving skills
- Master Degree from a good university
- Knowledge of Chinese. Statistics/Econometrics knowledge
- Ability to help administer surveys, conduct interviews, collect archival data, and conduct literature reviews
- Ability to read and speak both English and Mandarin
- IT skills: familiar with some popular software packages for statistical analysis such as Stata, SPSS; familiar with MS Office such as MS excel, MS PowerPoint
- Research experience with sufficient knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques
- Evidence of excellent research skills, e.g., active participation in large academic research projects resulting in the publication of academic articles and/or books; acknowledgement of able research assistance in published articles or books.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work independently when required
- Strong problem solving skills
- Driven and committed, demonstrating initiative and self-motivation
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research support work such as translations, data collections, data analysis, conducting interview and interview transcriptions;
- Assist principle investigators with preparation of external research funding proposals;
- Make contributions to or publish research work;
- Contribute to faculty’s research programme by carrying out specific research, research related, and analytical activities;
- On behalf of principle investigators, contact industrial partners for potential research collaborations and engagements with faculty members;
- Help to keep and maintain faculty’s research outputs and records, and generating research summary reports;
- Plan the use of research resources, labs, and workshops as appropriate;
- Plan and deliver seminars related to research area;
- Occasionally support for more specific research, teaching and learning activities such as important events at NUBS China;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org