HR Business Partner
Human Resource Services
We are developing the 'next generation' of higher education professionals that contribute services that go beyond support and enablement for academics; they challenge and inspire all of us. Our professional staff play an integral part in developing and delivering expertise, management, leadership and strategic services that are complex, rewarding and truly cutting edge. Your contribution to making us a world-class institution is recognised and rewarded in many different ways. Competitive salaries, formal awards programs, development opportunities and promotion opportunities are just the start.
About the Role
The HR Business Partner provides a direct and broad ranging HR consultancy service to leaders, senior managers and supervisors, central HR unit staff and other key stakeholders across the University. The key objective of the role is to develop strategy in partnership with the business leaders and to implement contemporary HR planning and strategies to achieve business goals and the strategic directions of the University.
The incumbent will develop a detailed understanding of their portfolio area within the University context and work in close partnership with managers and their teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post graduate qualifications in Human Resources/Employee Relations and extensive relevant experience (minimum 5 years);or extensive work experience and specialist expertise, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated capacity to implement contemporary HR theories and practices.
- Demonstrated capability in partnering with senior leaders to drive organisational outcomes through effective people management practices.
- Sophisticated communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to liaise effectively with senior management on complex and challenging issues and facilitate difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating strategic HR planning and evaluation processes.
- Knowledge of relevant industrial instruments, workplace related legislation, HR related policies and experience in their application across complex organisations.
- Capability to coach and mentor senior managers and other key staff across the organisation.
- Knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 8 - From $94,839 plus contributory superannuation with Unisuper, attracting a generous employer contribution of 17%.
Closing Date: Sunday 14 January 2018