ACROSS Administrative Assistant
The Australian Centre for Research on Separation Science is a multi-institutional Research Centre (ACROSS) with the main research node hosted within the School of Natural Sciences, and located within the Chemistry Building, Sandy Bay Campus of the University of Tasmania, ACROSS is headed by the Director, and is part of the College of Sciences and Engineering.
The ACROSS Administrative Assistant is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of ACROSS research activities and local administrative assistance to the Director, Manager and research staff within ACROSS.
In the role you will:
- Update, prepare and maintain the ACROSS website, social media communications, printed communications and reports.
- Provide local financial services to ACROSS including provision of support to staff and student in financial claims, raising and approving purchase orders within delegated authority, petty cash distribution, coordination of national and international travel approvals for ACROSS staff and students.
- Provide support to the Director and Manager of ACROSS including word processing, emails, phone calls, reports, preparation of routine Agenda papers, assisting with conference coordination, organize regular group meetings.
- Maintenance of ACROSS electronic resources, including data entry, upkeep of Material Safety Datasheets for the Centre, upkeep of Centre Chemical Databases, upkeep of Centre digital library.
You will be employed on an 80% fractional basis for a period of 12 months
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of Year 12 or completion of Certificate III, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education/training.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to undertake (or rapidly acquire) the computer based tasks required for the position, include website maintenance, data entry and low level financial activities. Database management, file retrieval and storage for the ACROSS electronic library and word processing.
- Ability to perform office tasks with minimal supervision.
- Sound organizational skills and timekeeping.
- Capacity to work independently, show initiative when required, and provide team support.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 3 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $65,175 comprising base salary within the range of $52,516 to $59,521 (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Carol Jacobs, Research Centre Manager, email@example.com / (03) 6226 7670.
Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Monday 11 December 2017
A copy of the Position Description can be found on the University of Tasmania Careers Page.