YMCA George Williams College was established in 1970 and is in formal association with Coventry University. The College provides a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses for those seeking professional development in the field of work with children, young people and families, across a range of contexts.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Admin Manager to join our higher education team. As a key member of a busy and motivated team, you will support the delivery of first-class support to higher education students studying with the College.
This role will appeal to well-organised individuals with experience in administrative support and management, higher education, decision-making and problem solving. With a strong customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills, along with fine attention to detail, you would be joining a dynamic and well-regarded organisation with exciting prospects.
You will be expected to have a good understanding of the student-related academic cycle in higher education and related administrative processes. The successful candidate will identify and implement changes required to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. As well as working closely with College colleagues and students, the post holder is expected to build strong relationships with a range of stake holders involved in the professional development of our students.
Main Purpose of Post
To ensure the effective delivery of all Coventry University and Canterbury Christ Church University College programmes the post holder will be required to:
Organise under the following headings: Programme Management; Student Matters; Examination Boards; Admissions and Registry;
- Provide administrative support to tutors, both internal and external across all College programmes
- Liaise with managers and supervisors in participating agencies and staff of funders and accreditation bodies
- Liaise with finance department in a timely and accurate manner around invoice requirements
- Respond to student enquiries across all higher education programmes
- Organisation and administration of residentials and regional study days
- Manage and maintain student records, via student files and ymoodle (VLE), including the organisation of assessments, marking and moderation of assignments, recording of student attendance, recording and retaining all correspondence across all programmes, managing extenuating circumstances, negotiated learning plans, plagiarism panels and professional cause for concern panels
- Attending and minute taking at Committee meetings
- Production and coordination of student documentation including timetables, course outlines and assignment booklets.
- Production and administration of external staff contracts for all programmes
- Graduation planning
- Programme Organisation responsibilities, including:
- Organisation of timetables and calendars, student/tutor Induction, systems for attendance, absence and extenuating circumstances, timetabling, marking and moderating timetables, handbooks and calendars
- Ensuring that non-academic student matters are addressed and liaising with Head of Department around academic student issues.
- Manage and record all extensions and negotiated plans, reporting back to Programme Committee
- Work closely alongside Head of Department, Programme Director, Registry and Finance to ensure an effective delivery of service across all programmes and monitoring of student participation.
- Maintain, control and monitor all documentation relating to registration of students of all college programmes including inputting student details on a Registry database and ensuring that records are kept up to date
- Liaise effectively with Head of Department and the Programme Director to ensure that records are up to date and accurate at all times and provide input on student’s registration and finance status to programme committees and Academic Board as appropriate.
- Liaise with Coventry University and Canterbury Christ Church University Collaborative Partnerships Registry Department regarding student’s enrolment and their funding arrangements.
- Liaise effectively with the Finance Officer to ensure that all information pertaining to the registration of students is made accessible to them so that all financial records are accurate.
- Support the College’s admissions process
- Co-ordinate DBS registration for students including answering queries and forward DBS issues to the appropriate Head of Department for follow up and action.
- Allocate supervisors to students and maintain an up to date record of supervisors and students including tracking and monitoring supervision course requirements.
- Oversee professional practice arrangements for students including line management arrangements.
- Support training and quality assurance of supervisors in consultation with Head of Departments
- Draw up contracts for supervisors – and manage these including payment.
- Respond to offers of professional practice placements from external agencies and assist the Head of Department in co-ordinating professional practice placements.
- Other administration duties as required
Additionally as part of the staff team:-
- Work within staff team to provide a first class service to the College’s students, staff and visitors;
- Ensure the principles of the College are evident in every aspect of the discharge of the duties of the post;
- Model the highest professional standards to staff and students in all aspects of the role;
- Be committed to working in a cohesive, supportive and forward-thinking team of colleagues which shares an ambitious vision for the College;
- Be prepared to work flexibly and creatively and be interested in other areas of the work of the College, eg, conferences, open days etc.
- Be supportive of the value basis and mission of the College, which reflects its membership of the YMCA – a Christian faith-based Movement. Active appreciation of diversity in cultures, beliefs and values systems.
- Any other duties as requested by Line Manager and commensurate with grade