Mental Health Advisor
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB 83, 000 to RMB 197,000 per annum before all deductions, depending on qualifications and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
- Both Bachelor and Master’s Degree are in Psychology (psychological counseling direction) or clinical psychology;
- Knowledge of supporting academic administration systems at Chinese higher education institutions;
- Relevant experience in conducting mental health assessments using standardized measures and interpret the findings;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office;
- To translate or interpret where necessary;
- To participate in training and staff development events as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- To maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
- At least 5 years working experience in psychological counseling clinical experience；
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Experience of working within a Higher Education environment
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and to act urgently to requests;
- Commitment to customer service;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to details;
- Excellent team working abilities.
- Doctor degree or a professional qualification in, or significant previous experience of psychological counselling in colleges and universities;
- Relevant UK / New Zealand / Australian Psychological Qualification.
- Experience working in Sino-Foreign University and Foreign University or MNC is preferred;
- Experience of studying or working in the UK;
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the University policies and procedures relevant to mental health and make sure that relevant policies be practiced in the Residential College;
- Work in partnership with other support services within and external to the University;
- Work as the interface between University Counselling Service and Residential College;
- Responsible for students' mental health education；
- Contribute to mental health promotion and responsible for mental health assessment and some special case follow-up；
- Work in conjunction with the Wellbeing Service for instructing all halls’ mental health education in Residential College;
- Responsible for the establishment of mental health student working groups, peer mentors and other relevant teams；
- Responsible for coaching and training of students and Residential College tutors；
- Responsible for establishing and strengthening mental health assessment and tracking system, special case follow up mechanism and practice the university psychological emergency plan;
- Other temporary assignments;
- Participate in training and staff development schemes as trainer or trainee as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate professional development, expertise and awareness;
- Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
- UNNC Application Form (please download from here); http://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/about/documents/applicationform.doc
- Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org