Head of School, School of Engineering
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time Continuing Professorial appointment and Head of School role will apply for an initial three (3) year term and re-appointment may be by mutual agreement
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of School works in partnership with the School Executive to deliver continuous improvement in research, course design and development, student recruitment (domestic and international) and staff development, ensuring that the strengths and opportunities to the school are fully utilised and contribute to advancing the University's mission and core commitments, as articulated in the University's Strategic Plan.
This will include:
- Lead and manage all operational aspects of the school, including staffing, workload allocation, teaching and learning, research and external engagement.
- Foster the development of research teams that will advance the University's research plans, particularly with regard to its ambition to significantly expand its activities in the area of industry-engaged research.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance the recruitment of domestic and international students.
- Foster an environment for senior staff to lead, support, supervise and mentor junior staff and research students.
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field.
- Outstanding expertise in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and engineering curriculum development, relevant to Deakin University's School of Engineering.
- An ongoing program of research that will align with one of the current areas of focus of the School and is underpinned by a record of success (relative to opportunity) in building and maintaining external research funding, particularly from industry.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Richard Shields, Director, Charterhouse Partnership, Tel: +61 3 8610 6135, Email: Richards@charterhouse.com.au
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.